Thirty years ago, someone needing a wheelchair, would simply go to a doctor and received a prescription for a wheelchair, and that chair would have been fairly standard in size and appearance. It would have been a heavy, metal chair with black or dark green upholstery. Nothing else was available.
That era has passed, and today's active wheelchair user have literally hundreds of options available. Manual wheelchairs come in sporty styles and stylish colors, and can be made of lightweight composite materials which greatly reduce their weight.
The challenge today is to select the wheelchair which most directly meets an individual's needs. Sage Health Solutions can assist in choosing the right chair for you. Our personalized check list will ensure we meet your or the patients specific needs.
This checklist has been personally compiled by 2 sisters who founded Sage Health Solutions, after caring for their mother and having first had experience in facing daily challenges you may find yourself in. They have grown the business based on creating products to assist in making everyday life easier and more comfortable, whilst maintaining the dignity of the patient
We will provide the user with a basic introduction to manual wheelchairs. Along with offering additional products, ensuring utmost comfort and safety.
Our product line includes, but not limited to:
- Folding powder coated frame
- Breathable Nylon upholstery
- Detachable Desk Armrests
- Swing Away / Removable Footrests
- 24” X 1” rear Mag Wheels with Polyurethane Tyres
- 8” X 1” Front Castors with hard rubber tyres
- Adjustable Toggle Wheel locks
- Adjustable length footrests
- High Impact composite side panels and footplates
- Available in 16” 18” and 20” (20” Double Brace Frame)